Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass Note Release (ADSR)

s2hbeats
s2hbeats Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Hey All. What am I missing here? I want to "pluck" a string and have the guitar ring out naturally like a real bass would. However, as soon as I release the key on the keyboard, the note just cuts off. Clearly there's something I'm missing. Shouldn't there be a natural sustain when releasing the key?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

to get a sustained sound when pressing and releasing a note, use the "Sustain" Keyswitch (A-1). By default, a Key Press is treated as if the note ends (or is muted) when the key is released or notes would play until the next note is pressed which may not be desired...it is a playability thing. All keyswitches are explained starting on Page 26 of the Manual.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

to get a sustained sound when pressing and releasing a note, use the "Sustain" Keyswitch (A-1). By default, a Key Press is treated as if the note ends (or is muted) when the key is released or notes would play until the next note is pressed which may not be desired...it is a playability thing. All keyswitches are explained starting on Page 26 of the Manual.

• s2hbeats
    s2hbeats Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Ok, that works as expected... thank you. So my next question in relation to this is if it's possible to control the amount of sustain? For instance right now, regardless of how hard (velocity) I press the key, the sustain is incredibly long... by incredibly long I'm saying it's like 17 seconds and it just ends... it doesn't decay like a vibrating string would. It plays for 17 seconds and then just cuts off. I could handle this with volume automation but that's tedious if there's a simple setting to control sustain somewhere? Thanks for the answer!

• Blindeddie

No control of the sustain length that I am aware of!