About maschine to expand BPM problem

swingmix
swingmix Member Posts: 114 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

I love the drums in the Lazer Dice expansion.

But I found that most of the KITS in Lazer Dice are 146BPM or 76BPM

I made an accompaniment that is 110BPM

At this time, I changed the 146BPM drum to 110 and it would not sound good.

How did you solve this problem? Or are there any drums like Lazer Dice but what you guys are doing is usable at 110BPM

Tagged:

Answers

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

What is the problem?

If it does not sound good choose other drums or make it sound good.

"Does not sound good" is not helpful for us trying to figure out what you mean. Be as specific and detailed about what you mean with that as you can.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2022

Some Lazer Dice kits have big long instrument samples in the Sampler instead of the Audio plugin, this means if you change the BPM those long samples will be completely out of sync. This should not affect the drums tho, from a few kits I looked into they all seem to be one-shots so should adapt fine to BPM changes.

Tell us the name of the kit you used so we can help you... We cant guess it.

• swingmix

My main hope is that when I hit the stop button to close, these SAMPLEs can stop just as well.

In addition, I hope that MASCHINE software can realize the BPM of KITS, and I can choose BPM to pick my favorite KITS

I think BPM is a very important message and the most basic element of MASCHINE.

As a result, I now need to go into KITS, double click to see it. Sometimes it takes a guess at BPM.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

If you trigger a sample that is set to one shot it will play through till it's end, IIRC, even when you press stop. You can shift+mute to stop ongoing sounds

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2022

I do what Murat said on a regular basis, as well as removing all instruments when I'm just looking for drum kits.

@swingmix said:

My main hope is that when I hit the stop button to close, these SAMPLEs can stop just as well.

That is how many samplers work when set to one-shots, you can change longer samples to ADSR instead but you would need to edit the MIDI Notes of the kit.

In addition, I hope that MASCHINE software can realize the BPM of KITS, and I can choose BPM to pick my favorite KITS

Don't hold your breath on that one. Most modern expansions don't have that problem, only the ones made prior to the Audio Plug release tend to have this issue for the most part. They could also update the expansions to use the Audio Plug when it makes sense but I doubt that will happen.

You could load every kit, inspect the BPM and save it with the BPM in the name, quite a bit of work but this way you can build your semi-custom User Lib.

As a result, I now need to go into KITS, double click to see it. Sometimes it takes a guess at BPM.

You can inspect the BPM after loading in the pattern name, not ideal but that's how it's always been.

• swingmix

I just think NI is a very good music software company.

MASCHINE is a rhythm software.

It's a pity that BPM is not displayed, nor can BPM search be used.