Native Access unable to relocate Controller Editor in default location

ozon
ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
edited January 2022 in Native Access

Native Access is unable to locate Controller Editor which was installed in the default location, and is also unable to relocate it in this location (/Applications/Native Instruments/Controller Editor/).

Tagged:

Comments

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper

Did you try just to reinstall it?

• ozon

That was a fresh install, and no, not yet (had to fix a couple more important issues first).

• MRequile
    MRequile Member Posts: 1 Member

Same problem here. Uninstalled Controller Editor version 2.6.2 (following the guide from NI), reinstalled Controller Editor version 2.6.1 (2.6.2 isn't in the download folder at NI) (following the guide lines from NI).

When I open Controller Editor I get these 2 following messages:

I'm also in the dark here...

• AlbynAlbynAlbyn
    AlbynAlbynAlbyn Member Posts: 3 Member

Same problem here. Even followed NI tech support and it didnt help. Native Access show Controller Editor in 'Repair' state, then it say to relocate but the folder it's supposed to have the app is empty. Tried installing the 2.6.2, the latest under "Drivers, other files" and even if the installation went successful, the folder appears empty and the issue persists...

• AlbynAlbynAlbyn
    AlbynAlbynAlbyn Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2022

This post here is exactly what Im going thru: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/controller-editor-invalid-path.458335/ the difference is that he went from an older mac to a new one and I just updated to Catalina. The rest of the thread is the same: the 0.0.0 version, the empty folder, unable to locate, etc.

Tech support told me to uninstall Komplete Kontrol and that COntroller Editor would install along with it but it did not work. Tried different version of the same procedure (reinstall KK and CE, reinstall CE alone, different versions of CE, etc) and it did not work.

Read elsewhere to halt the services 'NIHardwareAccesabilityHelper', 'NIHardwareAccesabily', 'NIHostIntegrationAgent' and 'NTKDaemon'. Tried it but it didnt work. Perhaps there is a cadence to make it work. It's worth noting that when I did this was after a couple tries of the instructions given and there were several instances of the same services running.

Without controller editor I cannot have Maschine using the Ableton scripts.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@ozon Did you find a way to fix this issue in the end ?

• ozon

Hi Jeremy, thank you very much for asking. As I'm not using Controller Editor a lot and this problem was just one of many side effects of migrating to a new Mac, it wasn't important enough for me to further investigate. Instead, I just deleted the old installation and reinstalled the Editor. Which seems to have worked.

I did open ticket 2810343 which is related to other library items that were not found and couldn't be relocated by Native Access as described in the following thread:

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@AlbynAlbynAlbyn Please uninstall Controller Editor, Maschine and Komplete Kontrol as explained in this article:

How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer

Then install the latest versions of Komplete Kontrol and Maschine, it should install the right version of Controller Editor as well as the other services.