Kontakt 6.7.0 crashing as standalone and in Ableton Live 11 with MacBook M1 Pro/Monterrey

kiwis
kiwis Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Kontakt is crashing when opening it as standalone and in Ableton, also Ableton is not recognising VST2 Kontakt 6.7.0 on MacBook Pro M1 with Monterey, I already know I made a mistake by getting Monterey, but I know some people can still run Kontakt. Komplete seems to be working fine except for the libraries that are linked with Kontakt. Also, as advised on the support page I tried some of the other methods to troubleshoot it, but Kontakt 6.7.0 won't open as standalone and causes Ableton Live 11 to crash when I try open either the VST or VST3 plug ins. I've uninstall both Ableton and the all Kontakt/Native Packages and plug ins I had but when I reinstall it's the same thing again,

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

Try this:

Navigate to this folder and delete it: /Users/<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt/Db/

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

Try this:

Navigate to this folder and delete it: /Users/<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt/Db/

• kiwis
    kiwis Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Spot on,

Absolute legend, it worked as soon as I deleted that file,

Thanks a lot.