Existing Logic Projects with Guitar Rig don't see plugin

patientzerobeat
patientzerobeat Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

I got sent a bunch of Logic Projects that use Guitar Rig and other NI instruments. In order to mix these, I just bought Komplete 13. But when I open up the projects they don't see Guitar Rig (error message says: The plug-in named "Guitar Rig " isn't available on your system). But I do have Guitar Rig installed, but it has a slightly longer name. There are two entries called "Guitar Rig 6 FX" and "Guitar Rig 6 MFX", and they seem to work fine if I use them newly.

Is there some 3rd variation of Guitar Rig I'm suppose to have just called "Guitar Rig"?

Best Answer

• patientzerobeat
    Answer ✓

It turns out that because I have the latest version of Guitar Rig, projects created before this version can't see the plugin. That's crummy. I would have though they made their stuff backwards compatible, the way I can open ProTools sessions from 25 years ago.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

If those projects were using Guitar Rig pro 5 and you don't have it installed, you would also get this message. Guitar Rig 6 FX and Guitar Rig 6 MFX (for Midi controlled FX) are the only ones should be. It might be good to check with the person that sent you those project what version of Guitar Rig they were using.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

It definitely looks like a version issue.

Generally speaking, if you have to mix a project from someone else, I would suggest to ask to bounce the midi channels to audio beforehand. This way you won't have to deal with software licenses/versions issues.

• patientzerobeat
    Answer ✓

It turns out that because I have the latest version of Guitar Rig, projects created before this version can't see the plugin. That's crummy. I would have though they made their stuff backwards compatible, the way I can open ProTools sessions from 25 years ago.