Desperately need instructions how to completely remove and reinstall all NI products fully

anthony-1979
anthony-1979 Member Posts: 28 Member
edited March 2022 in Native Access

Hi guys, I need to make my macbook into a computer that has never seen a NI product so I can reinstall everything again. Everything is screwed on my system, Native access doesn't show "reinstall" on products anymore and I can't remove single products and reinstall them again as they don't show up as available products to install once they're removed. I give up trying to fix the broken products and I wish to start from scratch so please what files do I need to remove fully so that I can have a fresh install of all NI products. The amount of traces it is leaving behind is mind boggling and I really need Native Access to refresh itself once and for all instead of always finding stuff that's installed or failing to know that products belong to me and CAN be installed. I would like my mac in a state that nothing from Native Access can identify as having anything previously installed.

Please help very desperate.

Tagged:

Answers

• anthony-1979

Thank you. I can't exactly do that for over hundred individual products. I need a method that can assist me to delete entire folders of products and preference files. And then a method that can allow me to reinstall a fresh instance of native access because there's so many residue products that are no longer available showing up in native access. I need a fresh start.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I am not on Mac, so cannot help more. But I guess that what link describes is the only way. I have heard many complaints on this topic from Mac users....

But wait, maybe one of Mac users suggests something better.

• anthony-1979
    edited March 2022

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. This is a pure nightmare. Broken installations in native access that cannot be repaired, relocated or removed. Removing products and preferences doesn't even prompt Native Access to allow the products to re-appear in the "not installed" section so that I can reinstall the products that I've paid for!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Removing products and preferences doesn't even prompt Native Access to allow the products to re-appear in the "not installed" section so that I can reinstall the products that I've paid for!

But you have not removed it. Completelly. To remove completelly, you probably must follow the NI guidelines, otherwise NA things it is installed... Till then they may show up in Installed and not Not Installed.

But still, at least on Win, even if plugin/library is installed it is possible to reinstall it using NA. One just places mouse on certain part(bottom left I guess) of plugin picture in Installed of NA. And choose reinstall. I guess it might behave the same on Mac.

• anthony-1979

I finally wiped out all the NI folders and Preferences and got Native Access to see that my computer had no NI installations on it. Finally everything came up in "Not Installed" which gave me the opportunity to reinstall everything again from scratch. Has been taking ages but everything is now loading super fast and feels fresh. Thanks for your advice I followed it, the only thing I changed was to remove the folder containing all the products rather than the individual products.

• anthony-1979

A little update on this. After reinstalling waves NKS database, things went back to extremely slow again. So as far as I can see now, having Waves NKS installed makes NI synths freeze for a while when loading unless the Waves NKS are removed. I removed them and everything was snappy once again. I wish I had known this before uninstalling everything, I could have just removed all Waves preference files from the NI folders.

• mkultra77
    mkultra77 Member Posts: 9 Member

hi there, sorry for the necro. Did you wipe according to the guide? I have tried and whenever I re-install native access it will automatically log me in and gives me options to re-install or repair, non of which works anyway.

if there is a way to install native access like its the first time my Mac sees it that would be great.