Do kits or samples from the Maschine Factory Library Show Up in Battery 4?

Danatello
Danatello Member Posts: 14 Member

Do the libraries overlap? I've started using Battery a fair bit, I never use Maschine (software). If the Maschine factory library doesn't add its contents to the Battery kit/samples library, I'll free up those ~6GB from my hard drive.

(If you have the urge to tell me how great Maschine is and why I should use it, spare your fingers the workout of typing).

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @Danatello The Maschine Factory Library is only for Maschine, if you do not wish to use the Maschine software, you can also delete it's Factory Library.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @Danatello The Maschine Factory Library is only for Maschine, if you do not wish to use the Maschine software, you can also delete it's Factory Library.

• Danatello
    Danatello Member Posts: 14 Member

Thanks @Jeremy_NI for the response! The Maschine libraries offer some nice sounds but I'm just not keen on the DAW within a DAW environment.

• Jon Watte
    Jon Watte Member Posts: 77 Advisor

You can use the WAV files from the Maschine libraries, though.

Also, when installing Komplete Ultimate, I notice that some of the kits I know from Maschine also show up in Battery, but I don't know how to find out which ones specifically (without doing a very tedious kit-by-kit analysis on each side ...)

A third thing you could do is index all the Maschine and Battery samples with XO, to have yet another way to browse all those sounds. That's really the main challenge here: There's *SO MUCH* that finding that one sound I'm looking for takes a very long time if I haven't previously found it, starred it, and taken good notes ...