Creator Tools "too many controls"

Reylon
Reylon Member Posts: 23 Member

Hi There,

I must say I'm really disappointed on NI's limitations with scripts and creator tools.

Kontakt can't apply my code no more since creator tools says "too many controls of this type"

Is there any fix for this? Could I have another perfview when a certain button is clicked?

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited March 2022

Kontakt itself has a limitation of 999 instances of a particular widget type per script slot (with the exception of file selector, which has a maximum of 3 instances per script slot). So you can have 999 buttons, 999 switches, 999 sliders, 999 menus, etc. You obviously reached the limit with a certain type of control there. You will have to adapt your instrument at this point.

Which widget type is in question? If it's a switch, use a button if you don't need to have it automated/MIDI learned.

• Reylon

Thank you ED,

I actually have much less controls but I think I have over 300-400 Panels. May that be the problem? Does panels have also the 999?

• EvilDragon

As I mentioned, all widget types are 999 except file selectors.

• Reylon

Okay, I'm using Creator Tools and was wondering if I have 999 buttons in Creator Tools can I have another 999 inside Kontakt?

Im assuming that's not the case sadly.

• EvilDragon

Creator Tools is just telling Kontakt what to do. It doesn't have a separate pool of controls or anything like that.

• Reylon

Thank's mate!

Need to have a look into how to reduce some controls and delete some stuff😔

Cheers!

• mrhay
    mrhay Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited March 2022

1 thing I have noticed since updating to Kontakt 6.7, I did this due to having an M1 Mac, is that Creator Tools no longer communicates with Kontakt. I would've thought that both versions would need to be updated concurrently no? It does mention this in the notes, but not during installation...

I've run Native Access and my Creator tools is up to date too v 1.5.0 (R70) Can anyone please help out here for the script users amongst us? Should I try to downgrade?

Thanks!

• EvilDragon

CT will run in Rosetta mode only, currently.