I bought maschine 2 update at 99 euros but it does not activate.. why?

michi7878
michi7878 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Maschine

I bought maschine 2 update at 99 euro but it does not activate ... Yellow writing "demo" appears on native access after downloading the update and clicking retry an error message appears: "" Activating * Product * failed: you are missing the base product ... "

N.B. I'm using a second hand mk1 without serial number

The maschine 2 is 64 bit version and my pc a Lenovo with Ryzen 3

Comments

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

It’s because your MK1 is not registered… you need to contact Account and Order Support.

• michi7878

I don't think that...

The old owner said is because i havent maschine Basic but only the update

• Blindeddie

If you were to register the unit, any software that came bundled with it should be available, which would probably include Maschine 1.X which would then give you the base product suitable for upgrade...The previous owner needs to do a License transfer through his account and then send the license to you which you would use to register the controller. Here is everything you need to know about the License transfer process... I would share this with the seller!!!

All you need to know about License Transfer 📚 — Native Instruments Community (native-instruments.com)

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    edited March 2022

@Blindeddie wrote:

If you were to register the unit, any software that came bundled with it should be available, which would probably include Maschine 1.X which would then give you the base product suitable for upgrade

With the Mk1 the original owner received two independent serial numbers: One for the hardware and one for the software. It was and still is possible to only transfer either the hardware or the software license. Thus a previous owner should transfer both licenses to the new owner.

• Blindeddie

I did not know it was separate back then… learn something new every day!

• michi7878

Right but its possible to use the software without registered hardware? He told me "yes" ...

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

You bought an update but don't have Maschine 1 in your account. Because of that, the Maschine 2 update cannot be activated. I see you already contacted our support teams, they will be able to share more info on what happens next.