Why is the upgrade on Native Installer so extremely slow?

Options
toneill
toneill Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Native Access

I have two similar computers. One will down and update fast as expected (25 MBPS), no worries. This machine is running Windows 11.

The other computer is identical except it has more memory and is running Windows 10 and the download of Native Installer is incredibly slow. I have tried some of the suggestions on line but have not got it to install faster. All other downloads and speed on the second machine are just fine. Can someone point me to a fix.

My apologies if this has been asked and answered before. I looked but did not find.

I was not planning to upgrade the second machine to Windows 11 for awhile, but if that is the solution ok.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• toneill
    Answer ✓
    Options

[SOLVED]

The issue with the slow download was my UDM firewall. I bypassed it and the fast download functionality was restored. Although both computers were behind the firewall they were on separate vlans. So must be some setting in the firewall that was preventing the DL.

Thanks for your help. Learning to write firewall rules ... well that is a topic for another time and place.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

Hard to say, what is the problem in your case. NA runs just fine on three of my computers (Win7 and 2x Win10).

So, your problem is not because of Win10. It must be something different. Antivirus, firewall ??

• toneill
    Options

Thanks for your quick response. I will give it a closer look tomorrow. It is odd because the two computers are virtually the same and have the same installations. The Windows 10 computer has 32 GB RAM while the Win 11 has 16. I9 processor. Nothing else different. I like your answer because I really don't want to upgrade the 32 to Windows 11 until I see what sort of issues/performance I get on this one.

Cheers

• toneill
    Answer ✓
    Options

[SOLVED]

The issue with the slow download was my UDM firewall. I bypassed it and the fast download functionality was restored. Although both computers were behind the firewall they were on separate vlans. So must be some setting in the firewall that was preventing the DL.

Thanks for your help. Learning to write firewall rules ... well that is a topic for another time and place.