[v1.6.0] MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 Ableton Live 11 MIDI Remote Script

Options

Comments

• Baumbart
    Baumbart Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hello Elton,

I have the same issue in KEYBOARD, and SCENE mode. The whole Playback stops when pressing down STOP. It doesent switch to TRACK mode when holding STOP down.

Thanks

B.

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello,

It seems like the script is loading correctly, but the Input/Output doesn't list the MIKRO MK3.

Please try to reinstall MASCHINE Software, it will also install drivers for MASCHINE Hardwares.

If that doesn't solve the issue, try a different USB cable and/or port for the hardware and reinstall MASCHINE Software (to reinstall drivers again).

Are you using MIKRO MK3 or MK3 Hardware?

• Elton Memishaj
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for all the details so far about the issue!

I will try to reproduce this as soon as I get back to my music and development studio soon.

Could you also send me the Log.txt file via personal message or email, please?

Live's log file can be found here:

• Windows - \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Preferences\Log.txt
    • Mac - /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live x.x.x/Log.txt

Thank you in advance,

Elton

• ernie
    ernie Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Elton, I just purchased the script and I'm running on macOS 12.3.1 and Live 11.1.1, I followed the installation manual and dragged the Mikro_Mk3_Unofficial_v160 folder into the "User Remote Scripts" folder, but nothing shows up in the preferences page. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.

• ernie
    ernie Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited May 2022
    Options

Update: I had to open Live's app contents and put it in the MIDI remote folder instead

• the-OMH
    the-OMH Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hi Elton,

I used a original NI cable added it to another USB port, added the power supply to the Machine MK3, which is the one I'm using. Also I reinstalled the Maschine Software, which you mentioned. But nothing helps.

I send you the log.txt as a personal message. Maybe it helps.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options
  • Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the Input/Output ports.

Thank you for the log.txt file that you have sent to me :)

I apologize if I am not understanding the issue very well, if you are using MASCHINE MK3 as hardware, you have to select that one in the Input/Output dropdowns.

In the Installation guide, I used MIKRO MK3, because I own MIKRO MK3 hardware only (I plan to also buy MASCHINE MK3 in the future), but you have to choose your hardware to Input/Output section.

Please let me know if I am still not understanding the issue, regarding to what hardware are you using with this script (MASCHINE PLUS, MK3 or MIKRO MK3)?

Thank you in advance and sorry for the inconvenience,

Elton

• the-OMH
    Options

Hi Elton,

your last explanation helped. I hat a wrong thought about input/output. Now I use Machine MK3 (Virtual In- and Output) and it works I can say right now :-)

Thanks for your support

Andreas

• Elton Memishaj
    Options
  • the-OMH
    Options

Hi Elton,

thank you for your script. It is really helpful. Hope you will buy a Maschine+ or MK3. The best for me would be the use of the displays and knobs / buttons for volume/panning/sends and as a second function editing samples with the sampler/simpler direct in the Maschine MK3 as an enhancement of your script :-)

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Thank you so much about the kind words :)

I will have to rethink the plans about PLUS/MK3 one, might also consider creating a dedicated script for it, possibly to not use MIDI Mode, etc

I will let everyone know about it in the future.

Thank you for the suggestions as well, I really like the idea of sampler/simpler :)

• Elton Memishaj
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since the last news about the next update.

From time to time, I had to pause the development.

I also have to focus on getting the script to be known better/wider, so I could invest more time and Hardware possibly for the script, or start with new scripts.

Still, the development continues, though I can't give any overview or roadmap just yet about the next release, but I will let everyone know about it.

Please let me know about any suggestion or issue.

Thank you everyone,

Elton

• slow.robot
    slow.robot Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

hi Elton, thanks so much for this! this is maybe a stupid question, but is there a way to use the touchstrip as a mod wheel and/or pitch wheel?

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

Pitch and Modulation for touchstrip are planned features for upcoming updates.

Currently, the touchstrip can be used for the Note Repeat rate :)