Please Grant Permission to Native Access to Install Dependencies.

Answers

• eliassinclair
    eliassinclair Member Posts: 1 Member

intel Mac OS 12.6, NA 2.6.0

Same Message, the scripts didn't help.

Any?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@kipe @eliassinclair Please get in touch with our colleagues here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• HansOlo
    HansOlo Member Posts: 3 Member

Same here on my M1Max (maxed out) on 12.6. Same message, scripts didn’t work, and just messaged NI support. What a bummer. Hope this gets sorted in time to install my Komplete14 update tomorrow.

🙁

• HansOlo

Where do I download NA2.5?

• Nogravity
    Nogravity Member Posts: 12 Member

12.6 Intel here. Time is vibe, efficiency and inspiration. This debacle saps all of that when you want to get your workflow going. This has been ongoing for months. Like the gentleman above asked: where can we download a more "reliable" previous version of Native Access?

• kipe
    kipe Member Posts: 5 Member

@Jeremy_NI I opened a support case Friday 9/23, but I have not heard back yet. I have tried recommendations given here and in other threads but no luck so far.

• HansOlo

@Jeremy_NI If there is a link to 2.5 can you please post it?

• Jeremy_NI

Hey all, for those of you who have issues with Native Access 2.6.0 and it was working with the previous version 2.5.0 here are the installers, depending on your system:

Native Access 2.5.0 for Windows

Native Access 2.5.0 for Intel Macs

Native Access 2.5.0 for M1 Macs

Please note that But it will only stay 2.5.0 while you have it open. If you close it, it will self update to 2.6.0, so keep the installers at hand.

Issue should be fixed soon with the next update.

• Nogravity
    Nogravity Member Posts: 12 Member

@Jeremy_NI Do you have a timeframe for the next update?

• kipe
    kipe Member Posts: 5 Member

Thank you @Jeremy_NI! After a couple of tries, I was able to load Native Access 2.5 and install components. Looking forward to a more permanent solution that doesn't require a reinstall every time I need to use it.

• Jeremy_NI
  • Truth42
    Truth42 Member Posts: 13 Member

Since I upgraded to Native Access 2 the whole thing has been a complete mess.

Have since downgraded to NA! but the instructions on this site tell you to remove a file from the preferences folder. In MacOS Ventura there doesn't appear to be a preferences folder as there used to be in previous versions of the operating system.

This means that every time I restart I'm prompted to key in my password to install NI dependencies.

As for installing Komplete 14 – a nightmare. I've had to install one by one to my computer's hard drive. Then quit NA and copy the files from my computer to the external HD on which I actually store Komplete. Then restart NA and relocate the now missing files.

It's really not good enough.

• Jeremy_NI

@Truth42 I see you didn't contact our support agents regarding that issue, they might have been able to help and they still can help if you still have issues.

• KIRI
    KIRI Member Posts: 34 Member

I've been getting this with NA2 - as well as all sorts of hang-ups / freezes that meant I couldn't install the latest round of Silicon plug-in updates - thankfully I kept NA OG on both my machines and that worked a treat, as always. Everything installed first time, fast.

• Ronny Bangsund
    Ronny Bangsund Member Posts: 71 Helper

Are you sure about the preferences thing? This is a common folder structure, still the recommended according to Apple guidelines. Try cmd+shift+G in a Finder window and type in the path to verify if it exists.