Traktor DJ 2 iTunes Node for desktop version

carrset
carrset Member Posts: 1 Member

The comparison chart shows that the iTunes node is available for the iPad version of Traktor DJ 2, but NOT for the desktop version. I have a well organized set of playlists on my desktop that I would like to access through the iTunes node.

Will the iTunes Node be added to the desktop version of Traktor DJ 2???

It seems like it should be an inevitable update, but I have seen no indicators about it.

Mac Os 11.6.5

Answers

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

hey @carrset@yahoo.com - for the moment, Traktor Pro 3 is our only desktop DJ app that has iTunes/Apple Music integration.

Unfortunately, we can't comment on whether this will eventually be implemented or not, as these things are always subject to change. I'm sorry that I can't give a much clearer answer than that.

My suggestion, if you'd like to use iTunes/Apple Music, would be to use Traktor Pro 3. I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

• kosta x
    kosta x Member Posts: 5 Member

@Ryan_NI - It makes absolutely zero sense to have this on the ipad app and not on the desktop app. I understand NI wants Traktor Pro to be the pro dj's choice with all the bells and whistles, but is adding iTunes to Traktor DJ really going to impact Traktor Pro sales? People don't buy Traktor Pro because of iTunes integration. They buy it for 4 decks, fx and hardware setup flexibility. Inconsistencies like this are ridiculous.

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

hey @kosta x - I totally understand your frustration! it is what it is for the moment, though. I can assure you Traktor Pro sales are not the reason for this, however.

• kosta x
    kosta x Member Posts: 5 Member

@Ryan_NI , thanks for your reply. Hopefully NI can address this as I'm honestly puzzled what the reason could be for omitting this feature other than intentionally removing this to "benefit" Traktor Pro sales. If anyone else has an idea why, it would be great to see a different perspective. Hard to make sense of it when it's a feature on the iPad app.