My Traktor Layout Browser & Edit (Revisited 2024)

nickygdj
nickygdj Member Posts: 38 Pro
edited February 18 in Share Ideas for Traktor Pro

// VIDEO ANIMATION EXAMPLE (External Link)

Animated video that shows the various functions in action. Very realistic.

// QUICK ACCESS ON THE LEFT

I would have assumed quick access buttons on a left bar

Fixed accesses:

- COLLECTIONS

- RECORDER

- MUSIC

- HISTORY

- PREPARATION

- PLAYLIST (Upper branch)

possibly other playlists or routes of your choice...For example, when you press COLLECTION, Playlists... the Browser panel which is normally on the left appears (Panel collapsible on click)

// SIDE PANEL and COVER

The side panel is the same, the "much larger" cover is collapsible at the bottom when the song selection is inactive for 10 seconds, so as to have more visibility of the folders in the browser on the left.

When you scroll through the songs on the right, the cover panel appears from the bottom, displaying the cover much larger than the current one.

//MULTI BANK FOR PREFERITES F1/F12

Currently we can set 12 Favorites always just a click away (F1-F12).

I realized that very often 12 buttons are too few. You could go to the menu on the left and scroll through all your playlists, folders, etc. Etc. but it takes much longer and you have to search for playlists.

I would have thought I could put 8 buttons above the Favorites (Bank 1,2,3,4...8)

These 8 Banks can be recalled respectively with the keyboard command (or obviously by mapping a MIDI controller), with the key combination (CTRL+F1, CTRL+F2, CTRL+F3, CTRL+F4 /F8...)

The Banks could have a customizable name (Bank A, ...)

Favorites 1-12 would always be called up via function keys F1-F12

BANK A -> Favorites (F1-F12)

BANK B -> Favorites (F1-F12)

BANK C -> Favorites (F1-F12)

BANK D -> Favorites (F1-F12) ....

So essentially the function keys remain the same, but are multiplied by 8 different banks.

// EDIT METADATA & TAGS

on the right side there is an icon to open the Edit metadata and Song Cover panel. This completely redesigned and enlarged panel features a section for TAGS, one for the cover to insert, delete it, and also a new YEAR field (which I forgot to put in the photo).

Note: this panel that opens on the right remains still even when you change the selected song on the left. The panel will vary data as you select or switch between songs. This process will help you edit the metadata of multiple songs. (now you have to enter and exit the panel by changing the song)..

67 votes

Collecting Upvotes · Last Updated

Comments

• joick
    joick Member Posts: 2 Member

This little reimagining of the playlist browser is truly spectacular, I really liked it a lot.

Both the ability to multiply the quick recall of favorites f1-12 for many more banks, and the quick access on the left to key positions of the traktor browser.

Also the revisiting of the metadata editing panel so I see it as more functional for inserting and compiling data, being able to switch from one song to another and quickly modify the metadata.

The larger and collapsible Cover at the bottom is also good so as to have more space to view the browser tree, or the possibility of hiding the browser on the left.

I hope NI also likes it and grasps its countless potential <.This little reimagining of the playlist browser is truly spectacular, I really liked it a lot.

Both the ability to multiply the quick recall of favorites f1-12 for many more banks, and the quick access on the left to key positions of the traktor browser.

Also the revisiting of the metadata editing panel so I see it as more functional for inserting and compiling data, being able to switch from one song to another and quickly modify the metadata.

The larger and collapsible Cover at the bottom is also good so as to have more space to view the browser tree, or the possibility of hiding the browser on the left.

I hope NI also likes it and grasps its countless potential 🎵⭐🙏💪

• joick
    joick Member Posts: 2 Member

Sorry because of the forum problems in recent days, I tried in vain to publish my message several times, today I realized that it has been published many times! How do I delete duplicate messages?

• e.zr.am.e.u.ra
    e.zr.am.e.u.ra Member Posts: 1 Member

Congratulations, really great work.

Very simple as a restiling, but has excellent development potential. Also taking up space better for small monitors. Always hoping that NI will make a new responsive UI interface that better adapts to monitor resolutions too (and especially 2k - 4k).

The choice of multiplying the banks of your favorite playlists is excellent, you can have multiple playlists at your fingertips with a simple click to switch from one bank to another.

10+

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,689 mod

No problem. Users cant delete their own posts, i deleted it for you. If it happens again just click the report button and report yourself and moderator will sort it out. Cheers

• johns_somers
    johns_somers Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    a very good ad practical idea! +10
  • viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 67 Helper

"Color" and "Year" is missing

• nickygdj
    nickygdj Member Posts: 38 Pro
    edited February 18

Hi, to tell the truth I'm trying to update (change) the image with the one where I also entered the year but it says it must be approved, but it will be 10 days this photo never changes...

However, the year is missing, the color has its own panel, but rightly as a summary, the color selection could and should also be added to this panel.

Thanks for the tip.

THEY UPDATED THE IMAGE. SUPER!!!