Howwww to encourage activation for KK2x

remedydub
remedydub Member Posts: 30 Member

How do you get it so that you don't get this every single time when using as a plugin in a new ableton project.

Current Native Access doesn't authorise KK2X anymore does it?

(Fresh install of OS and Software so should be clean file assembly)

How

(This is an episode of the "Why did NI delete my KK2X plugin?" tragedy/saga)

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 1,706 mod

You might want to include some more information, like e.g. OS version , computer type and version numbers of all software used !

• remedydub

Sure! Windows 10

latest Native Access downloaded from the website yesterday

last 2x download of KK downloaded yesterday

ryzen7 cpu, Asus tuf gaming windows laptop

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,501 Expert

What happens when you click 'activate'? It's free so I'm not sure why it even has a 'buy' button

• remedydub
  • Kymeia
    edited December 2023

Have you tried entering a serial for it? (there should be one in your account if you have activated it before)

• remedydub

It already shows kk3x available but uninstalled, so yeah the version that ruined my DAW is already authorised

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023

OK that's weird as the serial that works for KK3 should also work for KK2 as they are the same thing. Maybe there is some relic in your registry that is blocking this? NI have a reg clean tool on their site, maybe that will help? Link is at the bottom of this page:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003509269-Fixing-Software-Update-Installation-Issues-Windows-

• remedydub

This is a clean OS, clean install of everything.

Basically NI screwed many of us by uninstalling the 2x version during an update

Then suggest “just reinstalling the 2x version” to revert

obviously without actually testing anything.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,476 Expert

Yeah they want to push users onto V3 because I assume they are hungry for the statistical data it feeds back since that is how they decide what is developed as stated many times. Lets face it, the current software version being incomplete in features, having pretty major bugs and performance issues, is basically a public Beta just without telling us that is what it is and allowing the general user (who mind you is expecting reliable software for their actual professions) to be blind test subjects.

No doubt in a decade it may be back to the level of 2.9, who knows, but how long are you prepared to wait for each update to dribble out to see if your hopes are addressed. I waited 10 years to see fixes to the 2.9 software, even just around plugins that do not display the GUI when used in Ableton Live and not only did I never see this addressed, it carried over, so hope for me is gone but maybe you will have better luck in your next 10+ years...

• remedydub

I see theres quite a few posts on reddit from producers lamenting the destruction of their projects.

I kind of feel the stress from this manifesting like a knot in my stomach.

like I’m getting a fecking stomach ulcer or something.

My number one tip for producers now, is “plan a shift away from Native Instruments products”

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023

It can't be a completely clean system if you had a prior copy of Komplete Kontrol 2 installed before you updated to KK3, I'm suggesting there may be relics of that in your registry that are preventing you reauthorising it. Clean it up then try again - there should be a serial for KK in your account if you had it authorised before the update

A lot of us have tested the reinstall option and it works for pretty much everyone, so there must be a specific reason why it is not working for you.

• remedydub

I have literally reinstalled Windows 2 days ago including removing all the apps in the install process.

then installed Ableton, NA and KK2x

kk3 has never been installed following this OS reinstall (which was done to counter this NI nonsense)

and now kk2 will not activate

I would love it if you were right

I would love it if the others who said “it just works” were right

I would love it if I was wrong and my work was not lost

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023

Basically NI screwed many of us by uninstalling the 2x version during an update

OK I was going by the above that implies you had KK on your system first, then installed KK3 which removed KK2 (well to be more accurate it didn't remove it, it's an update so it replaced it). So I guess this happened previously and you then decided to reformat your drive and reinstalled Windows and all your apps? Then you won't even have a serial for KK2 in your registry so enter it in Native access and try activation again.

(If you don't have a serial in your account you can get one here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-kontrol/)

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 1,706 mod

Sorry , this having to activate the Komplete Kontrol app is completely new to me (I have never activated any of my Komplete Kontrol app installs) so I have actually no clue about it. However if Kymeia is right that there is some left over in the registry then you could try and do a Forced Uninstall of Komplete Kontrol app using Revo U. Pro trial .

Otherwise , it's quite possible that this is another thing that needs N.I. support. Install support is here : http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

At least the information you added got the discussion going and there could be someone else that knows the solution. Anyway , I am sorry for not being of more and better help here myself ! Hoe that you get the issue fixed soon !

• remedydub

Oh man, you just got my hopes up.

Alas, thats a no...

I put the serial in NA

Booted up Ableton

Dragged an instance of KK into a midi slot

And was asked once more whether to Buy Activate or Demo

So hit Activate one more time

NA comes to the fore of my PC UI

I make another new Ableton Project

Dragg in a KK instance